Midwest Jeepthing (MWJT) does not share your personal information with any person or any organization outside of MWJT. Ever. This includes your name, phone number, e-mail address, physical address, date of birth, and any other information you provide to MWJT during registration or at any other time. We respect the privacy of our members and do not sell mailing lists or otherwise disseminate information outside of the club.
We periodically send e-mails to our entire e-mail database with information or updates on our social or wheeling events. This includes, but is not limited to, announcing new events, informing participants of registration deadlines, looking for trail guides and gunners for an event, announcing up coming event, announcing social events we organize, and other purposes that fit the mission of MWJT. We also send e-mails to our entire database announcing third party events in which we think our participants may be interested. These events may be organized runs, charity events, social events, etc. Your e-mail address is not provided to the third parties.
MWJT does reserve the right to distribute contact information within our club for the purpose of connecting members. For example, it is common practice for MWJT to connect an event chair person with a member via e-mail so they can get on the same page and communicate with each other regarding any aspects of an upcoming event. We will also connect members to reschedule an event or e-mail an entire group of Individuals who have registered for en event so they can communicate with each other.
Online payments are secure, as we use PayPal. This means your online payments are processed according to the industry’s highest security standards via PayPal’s service. Credit card numbers entered by participants are hidden and are not accessible to anyone at MWJT. We are able to charge your card for membership fees due but cannot see your actual credit card number, expiration date, or verification code.
How we collect information about you
MWJT collects personal information when you create a site account, register online, when you register for MWJT event on services like Eventbrite.
When you register we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, ZIP code, and other information specific to Jeeps. When you register with MWJT and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
MWJT automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms of service;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
When a child under age 13 attempts to register on MWJT, we ask the child to have a parent or guardian create a MWJT Account to obtain parental permission.
Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s account.
How we share personal information with other parties
MWJT does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted third party partners whose services are integrated with MWJT. These partners have their own rigorous privacy and security policies.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of MWJT’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
MWJT may set and access cookies on your computer.
How we protect and store personal information
We limit access to personal information about you to board members who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can edit your MWJT account information on the “Your Profile” page once you sign-in on midwestjeepthing.com
MWJT may choose to update or amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.