Welcome to the Midwest Jeepthing

This website is home to the largest club of Jeep owners in the midwest. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even become a "FREE" online member so you can add your rig to our Member Rides section.

Sponsored By
Club Info Member Rides News Events Trail Guide Forums Sponsors My MWJT Logout HOME

Midwest Jeepthing Forums
Profile | Sign UP | Search | Guidelines & FAQs
Forums | Trail Head | Sayersbrook wheeling on New Year Day Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2 
Author Topic
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 20 December 2013 16:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
On popular demand, I've set this up. It will be on New Year's Day. It will be $25/Jeep and $5 for additional passengers. Bring your own lunch. Let's hit the trails at 9:00am, so get there before that, aired down, ready to roll. But, please don't get there before say 7:30am.

This isn't an official club event, so it will be pretty informal.

If we get enough people and 3 volunteers, we can break into at least 3 levels of groups. I'll take a moderate.

You do not have to be a club member, and it is not limited to Jeeps. However, full size vehicles generally don't fare well, and we won't cut trees down to make room for you.

Also, it's been a while since we've been there, so I wouldn't be surprised if we run into a fallen tree or two, that we have to move, or get around. If you have a saw handy, you might throw it in.

Not required, but please sign up on the event so we have a guess of who is coming: http://midwestjeepthing.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventid=983

Edited by - jeepr on 12/20/2013 5:36:52 PM

jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 20 December 2013 17:2  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
If people want to come down and party the night before, you can easily join the fun that Jane has set up, and go to the Ranch the next morning, more info here http://midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=78221&forum_id=8&Topic_Title=New+Year%27s+Eve-+Jeep+Club+Style%21&forum_title=Trail+Head&replies=4&M=0&S=1

loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 21 December 2013 18:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
We could do a Jeepavan from the QT gas station at 141 and 21. Leave there around 7:45a ?
Jersey
St Louis, MO
Online Member
Posted - 22 December 2013 7:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm hopeful to be a part of this. I'll roll around with randy in moderate.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 22 December 2013 11:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Loadbreak, if you or someone would organize a group from QT like you suggested, that would be great. I'll probably try to get down there earlier to get my stuff ready, so I can then take money and get waiver's signed.
hillbillyxj
Belleville , IL
Online Member
Posted - 22 December 2013 16:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Ill be there. Wanting to run moderate trails.
hillbillyxj
Belleville , IL
Online Member
Posted - 22 December 2013 16:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Just wanting to double check the QT location. Is this the one in fenton?
loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 22 December 2013 22:3  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
It's at Hwy 21 and Hwy 141. Arnold/Fenton ish.

Hillbilly, If you are coming from Belleville, Take 55 to 141 go west, as you cross over Hwy 21 you will see it on your right.

Edited by - loadbreak on 12/22/2013 10:06:19 PM

loadbreak
High Ridge, MO
MWJT Vendor Relations
Posted - 22 December 2013 22:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I will head up the Jeepavan. Try to be there by 7:15 or so. Get gas, food etc. Will try to leave by 7:45a. Will be heading south down Hwy 21 after that.
Chewy
Imperial, MO
Club Member
Posted - 24 December 2013 8:0  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Only been to the ranch once, back in the summer...moderate sounds fun! But, how hard were they? I can't remember names..
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 24 December 2013 9:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
I'm not sure how to answer. The moderate trails I run are appropriate for vehicles with at least some lift and 33's+, and a driver that has been out at least once or twice. I usually point out bypasses for the harder stuff.
jeepr
Crestwood, MO
MWJT Webmaster
Posted - 24 December 2013 9:14  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
And, as Chewy posted on his sign up, here are directions for those that aren't meeting up at the QT http://www.sayersbrook.com/ranchMap.htm
JaneS
Chesterfield, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 24 December 2013 10:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message
Chewy- I don't think there's anything in the moderate category at the ranch that you can't handle.
Stalker

In a Jeep
Down by the River, IL
MWJT President
Posted - 24 December 2013 11:4  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
Just watch out for those moving trees
ss&j
high ridge , MO
Online Member
Posted - 24 December 2013 13:9  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
cant wait to get out again, we sold our jeep years ago.
just bought a jk to get back in.
now just load up the credit card for the good parts
im on edge about hitting the ranch on street tires and no locker
we aint been there in about 10 years
Mr Moke
St Peters, MO
MWJT Director of Events
Posted - 24 December 2013 16:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit or Delete Message  GoTo Member Rides
You wont need a locker there. Street tires will make it interesting if the trail get any rain or snow but youll be fine.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY ARE THE ONES WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

Forums | Trail Head | Sayersbrook wheeling on New Year Day Post Reply Send Topic To a Friend
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2

Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.

Show All Forums | Post Reply